Mushroom Quiche Lorraine
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Remove from the oven; reduce heat to 375°.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in butter until tender. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, cream and pepper. Using a slotted spoon, transfer mushrooms and onions to egg mixture. Stir in cheese and bacon.
- Pour into crust. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked quiche. To use, remove from freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Preheat oven to 375°. Place quiche on a baking sheet; cover edge loosely with foil. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary for a knife inserted in the center to come out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 404 calories, 28g fat (15g saturated fat), 204mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 14g protein.
Nov 4, 2018
I made this pie (actually 2 of them) and froze them before baking per directions. The only change I made was to use Morningstar Farms breakfast strips instead of bacon. The flavor is fantastic, but the freezing not so much. My husband
Jan 6, 2015
This is the perfect quiche recipe. I've made many quiches in my life, but this one always gets people to say, "Wow, Sum! Yum!" I sometimes add cooked spinach, and I've used cheddar cheese and even provolone. I often use more bacon and mushrooms.
Dec 4, 2012
This recipe is so good. I've made it so many times. I love that it is so easy to make.
Oct 31, 2012
I completely omit the crust. It's unnecessary and adds unwanted carbs. I simply pour the mixture in a greased casserole and bake as directed. Delicious!
May 9, 2011
I used this recipe to make Quiche for the first time for Mother's Day. I modified the recipe by adding zuchinni, using cheddar instead of swiss and ham instead of bacon. I had to cook it longer than the recipe states but it was worth it and turned out great!
Nov 28, 2009
I omitted the bacon and it was still delicious. I double wrapped the edges and bottom to prevent spillage.