Roasted Vegetable and Chevre Quiche
Roasting the veggies in this rich-yet-bright quiche intensifies their flavors. And the addition of fresh goat cheese lends a wonderful creamy tangyness. —Laura Davis, Chincoteague, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min. + standing
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 poblano pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large eggs plus 2 large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 log (4 ounces) fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- Unroll pie crust into an ungreased 9-in. tart pan. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 425°.
- Line unpricked crust with a double thickness of foil. Fill with pie weights, dried beans or uncooked rice. Bake on a lower oven rack until edges are golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Remove foil and weights; bake until bottom is golden brown, 3-5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, combine eggplant, pepper, tomato and garlic. Add oil; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Roast until tender, 15-20 minutes, stirring halfway.
- Reduce oven setting to 375°. Spoon roasted vegetables into crust. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, egg yolks, cream, salt and pepper until blended; pour over top. Sprinkle with goat cheese.
- Bake on a lower oven rack on a baking sheet until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes. Cover edges with foil if they begin to get too dark. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 219 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 471mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.