Roasted Vegetable and Chevre Quiche
Roasting the veggies in this rich-yet-bright quiche intensifies their flavors. And the addition of fresh goat cheese lends a wonderful creamy tangyness. —Laura Davis, Chincoteague, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min. + standing
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 poblano pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large eggs plus 2 large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 log (4 ounces) fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- Unroll pie crust into an ungreased 9-in. tart pan. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 425°.
- Line unpricked crust with a double thickness of foil. Fill with pie weights, dried beans or uncooked rice. Bake on a lower oven rack until edges are golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Remove foil and weights; bake until bottom is golden brown, 3-5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, combine eggplant, pepper, tomato and garlic. Add oil; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Roast until tender, 15-20 minutes, stirring halfway.
- Reduce oven setting to 375°. Spoon roasted vegetables into crust. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, egg yolks, cream, salt and pepper until blended; pour over top. Sprinkle with goat cheese.
- Bake on a lower oven rack on a baking sheet until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes. Cover edges with foil if they begin to get too dark. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 219 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 471mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Roasted Vegetable and Chèvre Quiche in Simple & Delicious June/July 2018