Quinoa with Roasted Vegetables
Grab all of your garden-fresh produce for this quinoa with roasted vegetables. The tangy dressing and fresh herbs really make the flavors shine in this wholesome quinoa side dish. —Sonali Ruder, New York, New York
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 small eggplant, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup each minced fresh basil, parsley and chives
Editor's NoteLook for quinoa in the cereal, rice or organic food aisle.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 222 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 388mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Roasted Vegetable & Herb Quinoa in Fast Track 2019