Quinoa with Roasted Vegetables
Grab all of your garden-fresh produce for this quinoa with roasted vegetables. The tangy dressing and fresh herbs really make the flavors shine in this wholesome quinoa side dish. —Sonali Ruder, New York, New York
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 small eggplant, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup each minced fresh basil, parsley and chives
- Place vegetables and garlic in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 35-40 minutes or until tender, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat; fluff with a fork.
- Transfer vegetables and quinoa to a large bowl. Whisk the vinegar, mustard and remaining oil; drizzle over vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with herbs: toss to combine.