Crispy Baked Corn Flake Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 4 chicken drumsticks (4 ounces each), skin removed
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds), skin removed
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- Drizzle butter in a 13x9-in. baking dish. In a shallow bowl, combine the cornflakes, flour and seasoned salt. Place egg substitute in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg substitute, then roll in cornflake mixture. Repeat.
- Arrange chicken in prepared dish, meatier side down. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20 minutes. Turn chicken over; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 180°.
Nutrition Facts1 drumstick and 1 thigh: 534 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 143mg cholesterol, 972mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 46g protein.
Jan 29, 2015
Like others, I used 3 eggs instead of the egg substitute and put the dry ingredients in a zip top bag. I thought the breading was good--just wasn't crazy about it on the chicken. However, I will be trying it on pan fried fish--think it would be really good like that.
Jan 15, 2015
I tried this tonight for something different on the taste buds and even my pickiest eaters LOVED IT!! I forgot to remove the skin but it was still delish. Also, I too used 3 beaten eggs instead of the substitute. I also didn't bother flipping the chicken, but I will next time as it took about an hour to cook. Enjoy
Jun 14, 2013
I made this tonight, and really liked it! When I flipped the chicken it seemed a little on the dry side, so I drizzled a bit of olive oil on it to moisten a bit more. The only thing that I would do differently is when I put it in the egg then in the breadcrumbs, much of the mixture began to come off on my fingers. Next time, I might use a fork to dip the chicken in the egg/crumb mixture, or put it into a plastic bag to coat. But the flavor was wonderful, I'll make this again!
Oct 17, 2011
My family liked it. Didn't have egg substitute so just used 3 eggs and it turned out great.
Apr 13, 2011
My family loved these drumsticks and so quick and easy to make
Jun 1, 2010
Absolutely one of my favorite meals! Taste like fried chicken without the grease and so easy to make.
Oct 1, 2009
Sound great and frying...thanks will try it this weekend...
Dec 26, 2007
My family loves this recipe! I feel like I make it once a week. I added a teaspoon of chili powder to flour/corn flake mixture to give it a little spice.