Delicious Oven Barbecued Chicken
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken over medium heat. Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Recoat skillet with cooking spray. Add onion; cook and stir over medium heat until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes. Pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°, 35-45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 324 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 602mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 39g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch.
Sep 3, 2017
Made this for dinner and it was determined to be a keeper for the recipe box! I will definitely make this again!
Aug 22, 2017
This is so good! I used 8 chix thighs and doubled the sauce, using one whole chopped onion...which made too much sauce. Next time, I will make 1-1/2 the sauce recipe and use a small onion. (you just can't use too much onion!) I added some hot sauce and liquid smoke. It baked to 170 degrees in 35 min. After baking, I thickened the sauce somewhat with cornstarch to a gravy like consistency. Was wonderful with rice and fresh corn. fhquilting
Aug 17, 2017
Sauce was excellent. Made double amount of sauce and cooked all on top of stove in a dutch oven for 25 min.
Aug 16, 2017
Didn't care for this at all!
Feb 28, 2017
Such a delicious and excellent recipe. I love the sauce I have also used it on other meats and fish, it's become one of my favorites. I also used chicken thighs in place of breasts. Thx Marge it's a keeper!
Sep 3, 2016
Very easy , economical and tasty! The sauce is a very good blend of sweet and tangy!
Sep 1, 2016
I cut the recipe down to one chicken breast. Easy to make this baked chicken.
Aug 31, 2016
We had this perfectly named chicken tonight as it was very delicious. The sauce makes this chicken. It was just tangy enough yet not too sweet. A perfect blend of flavors.I halved the recipe for the two of us but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. This is definitely a five-star recipe and I’d give it a few more stars if I could. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor.
Aug 30, 2016
Excellent! I used a whole large chicken cut into pieces so l had a nice variety of meat. It was good cold too. Janet VFE
Aug 30, 2016
Wonderfully easy and so delicious!! Everyone loved the sauce and will probably use it on some pulled pork we have as well. Great recipe and one we will make again and again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.