Fish & Vegetable Packets
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups julienned carrots
- 1-1/2 cups fresh snow peas
- 2 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons butter
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a small bowl, combine carrots, snow peas and green onions. Cut parchment paper or heavy-duty foil into four 18x12-in. pieces; place a fish fillet off center on each. Drizzle with lemon juice and top with carrot mixture. Sprinkle with seasonings; dot with butter.
- Fold parchment paper over fish. Bring edges of paper together on all sides and crimp to seal, forming packets. Place on baking sheets.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Open packets carefully to allow steam to escape.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 190 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 303mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 15, 2015
I made this for supper last night and was pleasantly surprised. I usually prefer my fish grilled or fried so I wasn't expecting much from steamed fish but it had a light lemon flavor and perfect texture. Clean up was virtually non-existent, a plus for those nights I have to work. I will make this again.