Calico Clams Casino
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) minced clams
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons each finely chopped onion, celery and sweet red, yellow and green peppers
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash dried parsley flakes
- Drain clams, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. In a large bowl, combine the clams and remaining ingredients; stir in the reserved clam juice. Spoon into greased 6-oz. custard cups or clamshell dishes; place on baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 165 calories, 12g fat (8g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 383mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
May 12, 2015
Made this for mother's day they were absolutely delicious...I made some changes..I used a medium onion..a small red, green, and yellow pepper all finley chopped about 1 cup of bread crumbs and used asiago chesse..thxs for sharing
Dec 27, 2013
This recipe is a permanent part of my Christmas Eve seafood menu tradition, they are everything clams casino should be, everyone loves them. I double the recipe & use both scallop shells & ramekins as the vehicles. I double the amount of clams and use minced, chopped & whole baby clams. Sometimes I chop up a few fresh clams and mix them in. Using the whole clam gives it a deeper flavor. I use precooked bacon, it is dry & flat making it easy to chop. I make these weeks ahead & freeze unbaked on a tray. Once frozen you can stack them in a container-ready to be cooked up anytime. They look so pretty, great for parties and guests.
Dec 24, 2011
Dec 14, 2011
I made this recipe last Christmas and am so glad I was able to find it again. No matter what style of Christmas food celebration we decide upon.... formal sit-down or casual fingerfood/appetizers.... this dish fits right in! Warm, rich & comforting.... this dish was raved on last year and was requested for this years!!
Aug 21, 2011
This was so easy to make. I use chopped clams, not minced. I would definitely add another couple of cans to this recipe next time, however. I can't get enough clams.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.