Calico Clams Casino
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) minced clams
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons each finely chopped onion, celery and sweet red, yellow and green peppers
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash dried parsley flakes
- Drain clams, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. In a large bowl, combine the clams and remaining ingredients; stir in the reserved clam juice. Spoon into greased 6-oz. custard cups or clamshell dishes; place on baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 165 calories, 12g fat (8g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 383mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 12, 2015
Made this for mother's day they were absolutely delicious...I made some changes..I used a medium onion..a small red, green, and yellow pepper all finley chopped about 1 cup of bread crumbs and used asiago chesse..thxs for sharing
Dec 27, 2013
This recipe is a permanent part of my Christmas Eve seafood menu tradition, they are everything clams casino should be, everyone loves them. I double the recipe & use both scallop shells & ramekins as the vehicles. I double the amount of clams and use minced, chopped & whole baby clams. Sometimes I chop up a few fresh clams and mix them in. Using the whole clam gives it a deeper flavor. I use precooked bacon, it is dry & flat making it easy to chop. I make these weeks ahead & freeze unbaked on a tray. Once frozen you can stack them in a container-ready to be cooked up anytime. They look so pretty, great for parties and guests.
Dec 24, 2011
Dec 14, 2011
I made this recipe last Christmas and am so glad I was able to find it again. No matter what style of Christmas food celebration we decide upon.... formal sit-down or casual fingerfood/appetizers.... this dish fits right in! Warm, rich & comforting.... this dish was raved on last year and was requested for this years!!
Aug 21, 2011
This was so easy to make. I use chopped clams, not minced. I would definitely add another couple of cans to this recipe next time, however. I can't get enough clams.