Looking for a low-carb supper that’s ready in a pinch? These buttery sole fillets are covered with a rich sauce and topped with toasty bread crumbs. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons mustard seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 sole fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Thinly sliced green onions, optional
- Combine the mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons cheese, mustard seed and pepper; spread over tops of fillets. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4 in. from the heat until fish flakes easily with a fork, 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, onion, ground mustard and remaining cheese; stir in butter. Spoon over fillets; spritz topping with cooking spray. Broil until golden brown, 1-2 minutes longer. Sprinkle with green onions if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet: 267 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Apr 2, 2019
Quick week night meal. Used Cod and Tilapia along side wild rice.
Jan 30, 2014
Made this with cod and thought it was delicious. Easy to prepare.
Apr 25, 2010
This had a terrible taste. I definitely would not make this one again.