We love everything about this wonderful dessert—from the light lemon flavor and creamy Mascarpone to the crunchy, crushed macaroon on top. We think you'll enjoy it too.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons limoncello
- LEMON CURD:
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 3 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- CREAM FILLING:
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 3 packages (3 ounces each) ladyfingers, split
- 4 macaroon cookies, crumbled
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat. Stir in limoncello; set aside.
- For lemon curd, in another saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in butter. Gently stir in lemon juice and zest. Cool to room temperature without stirring.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold cheese and whipped cream into lemon curd.
- Arrange a third of the ladyfingers on the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan. Drizzle with a third of the syrup; spread with a third of the filling. Repeat layers twice. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan. Sprinkle with cookies.