Makeover Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 50 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, divided
- 6 peanut butter cups, cut into small wedges
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat peanut butter on high for 30 seconds or until softened. Spread over crust to within 1 in. of edges.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in vanilla. Pour 1 cup into a bowl; set aside. Pour remaining filling over peanut butter layer.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat 1/4 cup fudge topping on high for 30 seconds or until thin; fold into reserved cream cheese mixture. Carefully pour over filling; cut through with a knife to swirl.
- Return pan to baking sheet. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Microwave remaining fudge topping on high for 30 seconds or until warmed; spread over cheesecake. Garnish with peanut butter cups. Refrigerate overnight.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 316 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 361mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 16, 2014
This sounds really good, one thing I would change is to make the crust out of almond meal. I have stopped using graham crackers. The almond meal is so much better. It doesn't have all the sugar so your not putting sugar on top of sugar. Hope this gives you some more ideas.
Jan 14, 2014
I have made this several times in the full fat recipes - in fact I get about 6 requests a year to make it...I will try the lower fat version!! Thanks!
Aug 26, 2013
A big yes, it was great, everyone enjoyed it. Not to rich and a classic pairing of peanut butter and chocolate.
Aug 26, 2013
Everyone loved it. Easy to make, a nice presentation. We did not find it to rich, it had a creamy texture with the peanut butter and chocolate a great pairing.
Apr 7, 2013
the presantation i think is the best part this looks and tastes soo yummy
Mar 24, 2013
I did not make this cheescake fat free. Very good everyone likes it.
Nov 5, 2012
This was FABULOUS. My boyfriend couldn't believe it wasn't store bought. Making it for Thanksgiving!
Apr 10, 2012
I followed the recipe exactly and no one liked it. Don't know why because nobody could say exactly what was wrong. Sorry
Jan 9, 2012
Made this for family and was a big hit! We love cheesecake and everyone loved it!
Jan 2, 2012
This was pretty good, but very rich! It's a solid 4.5!