Grain-Free Apple Pie Granola
Because of food allergies, I’ve learned to swap ingredients. There are no grains in this granola but loads of nuts and apples. Try it with yogurt or milk. —Courtney Stultz, Weir, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min. + cooling
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apples
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add next 10 ingredients. Stir until coated in oil; add chopped apple.
- Transfer mixture to a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. pan. Bake, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 12-15 minutes (do not burn).
- Cool 10 minutes. Break into pieces; store in a sealed container up to a week.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 204 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 19mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Apple Pie Granola in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2018