This is great to eat with milk or yogurt—or to snack on by the handful. —Rachel Preus, Marshall, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour 20 min.
- 2 chai tea bags
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Preheat oven to 250°. Steep tea bags in boiling water 5 minutes. Meanwhile, combine oats, almonds and coconut. Discard tea bags; stir remaining ingredients into tea. Pour tea mixture over oat mixture; mix well to coat.
- Spread evenly in a greased 15x10-in. rimmed pan. Bake until golden brown, stirring every 20 minutes, about 1-1/4 hours. Cool completely without stirring; store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 272 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 2 starch.
Originally published as Almond Chai Granola in Breakfast & Brunch 2016 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.