Cherry Almond Granola
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup thawed unsweetened apple juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 teaspoons almond extract
- 6 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 cups dried cherries or cranberries
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- Fat-free vanilla yogurt, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, milk powder, honey, apple juice concentrate and oil. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved; stir in extract. In a large bowl, combine the oats, cherries and almonds. Drizzle with sugar mixture and mix well.
- Spread in a thin layer in two 15x10x1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Cool completely. Serve with yogurt if desired. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 222 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 15mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 15, 2019
This has great flavor and good crunch factor!! A wonderful addition to my morning yogurt. I will definitely make this again. VFE
Oct 17, 2013
Almond flavor is great.
Apr 21, 2012
I've made this 3 or 4 times, & we all LOVE IT!!! Excellent recipe! We just use it to snack on, but I'm sure it'd be good in milk or yogurt, too..
Dec 25, 2010
I made this for co-workers at Christmas time. Used dried cranberries and it was awesome!
Jan 28, 2010
I love this recipe! I leave out the oil and honey, and use 2 t. cinnamon instead of the almond extract. It's delicious hot on cold mornings!
Sep 16, 2008
I make this recipe often. It is a family favorite. Two tips-- I always use a Silpat silicone mat or parchment paper. Also, don't bake until brown. Trust the recommended time, and check often-- the granola will burn. I know, I did that the first two times. I use dried cranberries instead of cherries and it's fantastic!