Almond Peach Muffins
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/4 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, beat the eggs, oil and extracts; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in peaches and almonds. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 253 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 211mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Oct 19, 2013
My family loves these muffins, very moist and tasty.
May 29, 2013
These are just delightful! I had slivered almonds on hand so thats what I used and two fresh peaches and they turned out fantastic! Will definitely make these again!
Jun 9, 2012
Mar 29, 2012
I love peaches and the addition of almond make these muffins irresistible! These came out perfectly moist and flavorful!
Dec 28, 2011
Dec 13, 2010
I used canned peaches and saved the peach juice so I could pour a little on the muffins before eating. So good!
Nov 18, 2008
I didn't care much for these muffins. I chopped my almonds too much and so the taste of the nut was overpowering. I am going to make again without the chopped almonds, as I think they will be much better.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.