Honey Coconut Granola
Getting kids to eat anything for breakfast can often be a challenge. But one taste of this slightly sweet granola and they'll be hooked!
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 15 cups old-fashioned oats (about 3 pounds)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 cup sunflower kernels
- 1 package (14 ounces) sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, walnuts, wheat germ, sunflower kernels and coconut. In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter, brown sugar, honey, oil, flavorings and salt; cook and stir until butter is melted and mixture is blended.
- Pour over oat mixture and stir to coat evenly. Pour into three greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans.
- Bake at 275° for 60-70 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 15 minutes. Add raisins if desired. Cool, stirring occasionally. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 462 calories, 24g fat (10g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 6g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Honey Coconut Granola in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.