Pumpkin Pie-Spiced Granola
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, combine oats and pumpkin seeds. In a small saucepan, whisk remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Pour over oat mixture; toss to coat.
- Spread evenly into two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake 40-50 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 395 calories, 17g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 265mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 6g fiber), 10g protein.
Oct 28, 2016
I made a half-recipe but should have made the full amount. It's really good to snack on and with yogurt. I made it with pepitas and pecans, also just used my homemade pumpkin spice combo to equal the amount of called-for spices. Had to bake a little longer than suggested to get it crisp enough for my taste. Next time I'll probably mix in some dried cranberries or cherries after it's done baking. Addictive!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.