Pumpkin Pie-Spiced Granola
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, combine oats and pumpkin seeds. In a small saucepan, whisk remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Pour over oat mixture; toss to coat.
- Spread evenly into 2 greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake 40-50 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 395 calories, 17g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 265mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 6g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 28, 2016
I made a half-recipe but should have made the full amount. It's really good to snack on and with yogurt. I made it with pepitas and pecans, also just used my homemade pumpkin spice combo to equal the amount of called-for spices. Had to bake a little longer than suggested to get it crisp enough for my taste. Next time I'll probably mix in some dried cranberries or cherries after it's done baking. Addictive!