Apple Graham Pie
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups sliced peeled tart apples (about 4 medium)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and butter until crumbly; press two-thirds onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased microwave-safe 9-in. pie plate. Set remaining crumb mixture aside.
- In a bowl, toss apples with cinnamon and remaining sugar. Arrange in crust; sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 6 minutes; rotate. Cook 5-6 minutes longer or until apples are tender. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 294 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 243mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Sep 9, 2014
Great, easy to assemble apple delight! I was looking for a variation on our regular apple crisp that did not involve the oven. This worked perfectly. I would describe it more as a apple crisp than a pie but by any name it was devoured in short time. The crust and topping is very plentiful. I'm sure the addition of nuts and ice cream would be great. Out of laziness, did not peel apples. Great!