Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, beat egg substitute for 1 minute on medium speed. Add the applesauce, sugar and oil; mix well. Combine the dry ingredients; add to applesauce mixture and mix well. Stir in raisins and walnuts.
- Pour into a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Frost the cake.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 186 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 124mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Mar 8, 2014
This is great without the raisins, I don't like raisins.
Jan 29, 2012
This is a GREAT recipe - even my sons loved it!! We WiLL have it again!
Sep 18, 2011
I was looking through old recipes from my grandmother and I noticed an applesauce cake that was my great granmothers and I wondered if there was a lighter version of the cake. I was very happy to find this recipe. It was easy to make. I added a little less sugar, used light cream cheese, and used light butter instead of oil. I also used a bundt ban instead. If you used a bundt expect that it wont rise the whole way up but I didn't care. You also have to cook it for 35 mins with the bundt. Super Yummy!! and not too bad for you.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.