Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, beat egg substitute for 1 minute on medium speed. Add the applesauce, sugar and oil; mix well. Combine the dry ingredients; add to applesauce mixture and mix well. Stir in raisins and walnuts.
- Pour into a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Frost the cake.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 186 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 124mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Mar 8, 2014
This is great without the raisins, I don't like raisins.
Jan 29, 2012
This is a GREAT recipe - even my sons loved it!! We WiLL have it again!
Sep 18, 2011
I was looking through old recipes from my grandmother and I noticed an applesauce cake that was my great granmothers and I wondered if there was a lighter version of the cake. I was very happy to find this recipe. It was easy to make. I added a little less sugar, used light cream cheese, and used light butter instead of oil. I also used a bundt ban instead. If you used a bundt expect that it wont rise the whole way up but I didn't care. You also have to cook it for 35 mins with the bundt. Super Yummy!! and not too bad for you.