Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 8 ounces sliced Havarti cheese
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Spread four bread slices with preserves. Layer with cheese and avocado slices; sprinkle with salt. Top with remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- Toast sandwiches on a griddle over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted.
Aug 21, 2017
So delicious! I substituted Swiss cheese for Havarti. Thank you, Deborah, for sharing this recipe.
Mar 14, 2013
These creamy sandwiches were a delightful surprise. I didn't change the recipe at all, made them in a panini maker and they were delicious! Served mine with tomato soup.
Mar 6, 2013
I agree with the previous review! These sandwiches are excellent!!! Going to make these for the 2nd time tonight. When I made these I substituted sliced Italian bread for the French and added some bacon slices for a little extra pizzaz.
Jan 30, 2013
Love, love, loved these!!! Had to use peach preserves but that didn't seem to make a difference. Definitely a keeper!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.