Balsamic Chicken Fettuccine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon vinaigrette until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in 1 tablespoon vinaigrette until tender. Add the tomatoes, broccoli, Italian seasoning and remaining vinaigrette; cook 5-6 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Drain fettuccine. Add fettuccine and chicken to skillet and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 423 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 548mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 6g fiber), 37g protein.
Sep 8, 2014
This was really good. I did use jarred mushrooms. I also used the whole box of fettuccine. It was very fresh tasting.
Jan 16, 2014
We were very disappointed with this recipe. I was looking forward to trying another new recipe but the outcome lacked any substantial flavor. I will NOT be making this again I'm sorry to say.
Dec 9, 2012
We thought this was delish just as it is. Easy too. Badkitty, you did not make this dish, you made something entirely different.
Aug 2, 2012
Delicious! This is an easy yet unique recipe and it is awesome! I had to add some salt to taste though, it was a little sweet almost. And I used fresh tomatoes...much tastier!
May 30, 2012
Since asparagus is now in season, I used it instead of broccoli and added garlic when cooking the meat and in the saute of vegetables. Our family thought it was very good.
Feb 11, 2012
really didn't have enough flavor. Sounded great on paper, but my family and I thought it was just so-so.
Jan 18, 2012
My family loved this recipe! It was easy to put together. I like that it's a healthy alternative to marinara sauce.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.