Spinach Pear Salad with Chocolate Vinaigrette
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 ounce milk chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 large pear, sliced
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Whisk in the vinegar, oil, honey, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Divide spinach among four salad plates. Top with pear, cranberries and almonds. Drizzle with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 215 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 185mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 18, 2016
This recipe is amazing! I substituted our homegrown raspberries for the dried cranberries and romaine lettuce for the spinach...wow! Absolutely delicious and something I can't wait to make again!
Feb 1, 2014
Tasty for something different. We made it to go with a chocolate Fest dinner we enjoyed. Probably not a recipe for everyday but glad we tried it.
Mar 27, 2012
Mar 6, 2012
This was so great. The dressing is very flavourful, so you don't need much. I will make this again.