Gorgonzola-Pear Mesclun Salad
This pretty salad is a tasty way to get your greens. To change it up, swap apples for pears and pecans for walnuts. —Joylyn Trickel, Helendale, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 large pears, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup raspberry vinaigrette
- Toss pears with lemon juice. In a large bowl, combine greens, cheese, walnuts and pears. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 204 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 247mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Pear and Gorgonzola Salad with Mesclun in Taste of Home October/November 2010
Nov 6, 2011
This is delicious second time I put Blue cheese in and poach the pears
Nov 6, 2011
Put his over the top with dried cherries!
Oct 19, 2010
Excellent! Bursting with flavor! Also good with fresh basil and toasted pine nuts.