Pistachio Fruit Salad
"My husband, a diabetic, always smiles when he finds this fun and fluffy salad on the menu," shares Gail Bartlett from Hallowell, Maine. She pairs pistachio pudding with pineapple, oranges and other fruits for a tasty guilt-free treat.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed unsweetened pineapple
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) unsweetened fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. In a bowl, whisk together reserved juice and pudding mix for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Stir in the pineapple, fruit cocktail and mandarin oranges. Fold in whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 122 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.
Originally published as Pistachio Fruit Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2004
Apr 14, 2013
Great as a light dessert. I added some toasted pecans and coconut
Sep 10, 2008
I use a whole 12 ounce containerof cool whip when I make this recipe. I use extra cherries also. It's a wonderful fluff.