Wendy’s Apple Pomegranate Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 bunch romaine, torn (about 8 cups)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine romaine, pomegranate seeds, pecans and cheese. Toss apple with lemon juice and add to salad.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients until blended. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 165 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 2-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 5, 2018
Ha!Ha! It's not supposed to be Wendy's fast food salad! The woman who submitted the recipe is named Wendy. I am looking forward to making it!!
Dec 6, 2017
Not Wendy's at all! Totally wrong cheese. Missing: mixed greens, fugi apples, candied pecans, cran raisons and most importantly Where's the CHICKEN??
Sep 9, 2017
Very good except it's not Wendy's apple and pecan salad. I order it every time and I love it. Missing the mixed greens, chicken, sweet sugared pecans and the great dressing. And don't forget the croutons.
Jan 28, 2016
Yummy salad! I used a Braeburn instead of a Granny Smith and, because of the sweetness of the Braeburn, I omitted the sugar in the dressing. The walnuts and Parmesan were great additions. Will definitely make this salad again.
Nov 25, 2015
This is a really delicious salad
Apr 18, 2015
Delicious! I used a Barcelona Dressing instead of making the dressing.
Feb 23, 2015
Jan 23, 2015
Raves about it..very tasty.