Wendy’s Apple Pomegranate Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 bunch romaine, torn (about 8 cups)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine romaine, pomegranate seeds, pecans and cheese. Toss apple with lemon juice and add to salad.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients until blended. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 165 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 2-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Oct 5, 2018
Ha!Ha! It's not supposed to be Wendy's fast food salad! The woman who submitted the recipe is named Wendy. I am looking forward to making it!!
Dec 6, 2017
Not Wendy's at all! Totally wrong cheese. Missing: mixed greens, fugi apples, candied pecans, cran raisons and most importantly Where's the CHICKEN??
Sep 9, 2017
Very good except it's not Wendy's apple and pecan salad. I order it every time and I love it. Missing the mixed greens, chicken, sweet sugared pecans and the great dressing. And don't forget the croutons.
Jan 28, 2016
Yummy salad! I used a Braeburn instead of a Granny Smith and, because of the sweetness of the Braeburn, I omitted the sugar in the dressing. The walnuts and Parmesan were great additions. Will definitely make this salad again.
Nov 25, 2015
This is a really delicious salad
Apr 18, 2015
Delicious! I used a Barcelona Dressing instead of making the dressing.
Feb 23, 2015
Jan 23, 2015
Raves about it..very tasty.