Italian Wedding Soup Supper
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 2 cups small pasta shells
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the onion, carrot and celery in remaining oil until tender. Add the meatballs, soup, spinach, broth, thyme, salt, pepper and reserved chicken; cover and cook until heated through, 4-6 minutes.
- Drain pasta; stir into skillet. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 473 calories, 24g fat (10g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1006mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 28g protein.
Feb 18, 2018
I love the idea of italian wedding soup as an almost casserole. As my man won't eat soups. He LOVED this!! Being an Asiago lover' i went Very generous with it. THANK YOU!!!!
Jan 28, 2018
Not real Italian Wedding Soup...Definitely needs a lot more broth and less meat.
Nov 25, 2012
Very easy to make. My husband liked it alot. Apparently, I and the kids am not huge asiago cheese fans so I doctored our portions with some shredded cheddar and we enjoyed it much more. Next time I will swap out the cheese. I also agree with the reviewer who stated that the leftovers were even better.
Aug 10, 2012
May 9, 2012
My husband is the cook in the house but I decided to surprise him and make HIM dinner for once. I made this recipe last night and it turned out great! I am a horrible cook but I followed the recipe to a T and it came out looking just like the picture. Those frozen meatballs are so good in this! The leftovers tasted even better today. Thank you for such a tasty and easy recipe that even I can make with success!
May 8, 2012
I made this for a potluck using mini-meatballs. I had to add a little more broth. I cooked it on the stovetop as directed and transfered to a crockpot for the potluck. It keep nicely in the crockpot for about six hours on low without getting mushy.
Apr 4, 2012
Pretty easy and delicious. I did add a splash of white wine while cooking the chicken and smashed two cloves of garlic and cooked them with the vegetables, taking them out right as i started adding the chicken broth. I liked the flavor. It didnt have a ton of spices in there, but less is more sometimes, especially with a dish that has so many ingredients. But I'm also a fan of thyme.Next time I'll quarter the meatballs as well (and use a bigger pan!)
Mar 28, 2012
Loved this,was easy to make and shared with my family,thank you for sharing!
Mar 21, 2012
This was bland. Italian wedding soup has more flavor than this. By the time I'd made the recipe into something we thought was "acceptable," I'd added so many different seasonings, it was a new recipe.
Feb 15, 2012
loved it! we used the George Forman to cook the chicken breast and I accidentally used a can of cream of mushroom and the can of cream of chicken. Still turned out delish