Confetti Mashed Potatoes
These mashed potatoes make a beautiful side dish for any meal. Onion, peppers and cheese add color and flavor to the potatoes. —LaDonna Reed, Ponca City, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 3 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add peppers and onion; cook 5 minutes longer or until potatoes and vegetables are tender. Drain; mash potato mixture with the cheese, butter, salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 287 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 295mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Cheesy Confetti Mashed Potato's in Simple & Delicious May/June 2008
Jan 23, 2017
I was a little hesitant about this recipe when I saw that there was no milk to mash the potatoes with, but it was perfect. I love potatoes o'brien and this recipe tastes exactly like that.