Tortellini with Sausage and Mascarpone
When I crave Italian comfort food on a busy night and don't have a lot of time to cook, this sausage tortellini skillet recipe is fast and yummy. You can have it on the table in less time than a takeout order. —Gerry Vance, Millbrae, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 8 ounces bulk Italian sausage
- 1 jar (24 ounces) pasta sauce with mushrooms
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 carton (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- Crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in pasta sauce; heat through.
- Drain tortellini, reserving 1 cup cooking water. Add tortellini to sauce and enough reserved cooking water to reach desired consistency; toss to coat. Stir in Parmesan cheese; dollop with mascarpone cheese. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes if desired.