Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet; cook zucchini, yellow squash, onion, red pepper and seasonings until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Drain tortellini; combine with vegetable mixture, mozzarella and cream in a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° until heated through, about 20 minutes.
Freeze option: Cool unbaked casserole; cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 375°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 219 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 362mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Mar 10, 2019
I thought this recipe was wonderful. My family liked it and I will be making it again. Easy to put together and very tasty. Thanks for sharing.
Sep 8, 2016
We thought this was pretty good, but not amazing. I had trouble figuring out when to stop cooking the veggies so they were still a bit crisp. So in the end they were a little more crisp than I would have liked. I also feel like there was way too much pepper. And I love pepper. Next time I might try using heavy cream instead, or just using my own alfredo sauce.
Sep 19, 2012
I have been making this recipe for quite a while now and love the flavor every time. I follow the recipe line by line with the exception of substituting 1 Tbsp. fresh basil in place of the dry basil. Yummy!
Jul 11, 2011
I made this recipe using 2 yellow squash, a green pepper, and red onion. I also used a pre-made Alfredo sauce. The family loved it as did I. I am trying to increase the amount of veggies we eat, and this recipe is great for that!
Aug 17, 2008
I used a can of alfredo sauce that I had on hand for this instead of the cheese and cream mixture. It was still delicious!