Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet; cook zucchini, squash, onion, red pepper and seasonings until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Drain tortellini; combine with vegetable mixture, mozzarella and cream in a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Freeze option: Cool unbaked casserole; cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 375°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 219 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 362mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Sep 8, 2016
We thought this was pretty good, but not amazing. I had trouble figuring out when to stop cooking the veggies so they were still a bit crisp. So in the end they were a little more crisp than I would have liked. I also feel like there was way too much pepper. And I love pepper. Next time I might try using heavy cream instead, or just using my own alfredo sauce.
Sep 19, 2012
I have been making this recipe for quite a while now and love the flavor every time. I follow the recipe line by line with the exception of substituting 1 Tbsp. fresh basil in place of the dry basil. Yummy!
Jul 11, 2011
I made this recipe using 2 yellow squash, a green pepper, and red onion. I also used a pre-made Alfredo sauce. The family loved it as did I. I am trying to increase the amount of veggies we eat, and this recipe is great for that!
Aug 17, 2008
I used a can of alfredo sauce that I had on hand for this instead of the cheese and cream mixture. It was still delicious!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.