Tortellini Broccoli Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini, cooked and drained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the tortellini, broccoli, pimientos and onion; set aside. In a large saucepan, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in the flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Gradually stir in milk until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese until melted. Fold in broccoli mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until hot and bubbly, stirring twice. Top with remaining Parmesan. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 307 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 551mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 16g protein.
Apr 29, 2015
This was good, added a cup of roasted chicken before baking and only baked for about half an hour. I thought it could use a bit more sauce too but everyone else loved it. I would do one and a half times the sauce next time.
Oct 16, 2014
All I make this for love it! The only difference is I saute up some boneless chicken seasoned with seasoned salt, pepper and garlic and add to it before baking.
Mar 29, 2014
Tastes really good. But next time, I'll double the sauce.
Sep 27, 2010
This was really good. I made it exactly as the recipe said, except that I used fresh broccoli that I cooked along with the tortellini. Oh, and I left out the onion because I didn't feeling like chopping 2 tablespoons. Next time I think I will add some cooked chicken or ham.