Cheese Tortellini Primavera
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 1 medium sweet orange or yellow pepper
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium yellow summer squash
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Additional freshly grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine broccoli and 1/4 cup water; microwave, covered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly; drain. Repeat with asparagus and remaining water.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain. In a small bowl, whisk flour and broth until smooth.
- Cut orange pepper, zucchini and yellow squash into 1/4-in.-thick strips. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add vegetable strips; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Add green onions and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir broth mixture to combine; stir into vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 1-2 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Add broccoli, asparagus, tortellini, 1/2 cup cheese, pepper and salt; heat through, tossing gently to combine. If desired, serve with additional cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 436 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 875mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 21g protein.
Nov 9, 2019
So delicious. I used a spinach and ricotta tortellini; and for vegetables, I cooked carrots, zucchini, and broccoli. Thank you, Christine for sharing this recipe.
Jul 11, 2017
My family enjoyed it. They said make it again which I will. I couldn't find condensed chicken broth so I used condensed onion soup which gave it more flavor. I didn't use any flour and only a canful of water but took some water from the pasta to add to the sauce. I might try cream o mushroom soup next time as was suggested by my family and chop onions in the mix, I didn't use asparagus because my family is not a big fan of it though I lover it.
Apr 24, 2015
This is a nice soup/casserole. I gave it three stars because I didn't find it easy to prepare (hubby/dishwasher wasn't too happy about the number of pots and pans he had to wash) nor do I routinely have all of the ingredients on hand. I went to three stores to find the tortellini. I might take it to a church potluck for its attractive presentation, loads of vegetables, and good taste. Next time though I'll have all veggies ready to go in their appropriate order and conserve on the cookware!P.S Hubby forgave me for all the pans needing washing once he tasted this recipe!
Apr 15, 2015
I absolutely loved this recipe: so bright and vibrant in color. It's a great Meatless Monday recipe. Rest of family liked it, but wasn't as happy with it as I was. Will still add it to the rotation once in a while.
Mar 7, 2015
This was great !....easy to make...tasted great !...and made a nice presentation !.........I also took the suggestion of serving it with my favorite Chardonnay !
Mar 1, 2015
This looks sounds absolutely scrumptious and it looks so delicious too! It's a real taste of spring!
Mar 1, 2015
Love all the veggies in this recipe ! Looks great !
Feb 28, 2015
Love this recipe. I'll be adding this to my menu for sure! I always have these ingredients on hand and this is a great meal to make on the fly!
Feb 28, 2015
This is a fantastic, easy to make recipe!