Hearty Cheese Tortellini
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 6-1/4 hours
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small skillet, cook sausage and beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the marinara sauce, tomatoes and mushrooms. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until heated through.
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions; stir into meat mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 388 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 908mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Aug 28, 2019
delicious and easy to make. Make sure you buy good quality tortellini! I used a cheap one and wish I hadn't. Still good though.
Jun 21, 2019
Made this for a group of kids and everyone was happy. You have me right there!
Jan 1, 2016
This was very good and filling! I, personally, would use less pasta of any kind. The flavors of the sauce should be enjoyed. This is a keeper! I've been losing my ability to taste food, so the spices really helped me enjoy this dish.
Nov 17, 2015
So good and so easy! Made it yesterday for last nights dinner! Made it exactly as written, only change is I doubled it. Froze half the meat mixture just before adding the tortellini. I love these crockpot meals. Yes, this could easily be made on the stove top, but for me it was my day off and I always feel when I use the crockpot I have time off from cooking! Served it with a mixed green salad, garlic bread and bottle of wine. Perfect meal! Thank You Christine for sharing!
Aug 1, 2015
My husband does NOT usually like tortellini but loved this dish! Great meal, I will definitely keep this on hand!
Jun 30, 2015
Great an inexpensive dinner for a family. It always nice to add variety to pasta night.
Dec 30, 2014
Grandkids approve this recipe! We love this recipe. Easy to make. Thanks for sharing
Dec 30, 2014
This dish is good. I also make one using tomato soup. My husband told me he don't like tomato soup, but, He had 3 bowls when I made it this way. Very good on a cold night.
Dec 28, 2014
I've made this several times and my son just LOVES it!!!
Nov 13, 2014
My husband loves tortellini, and this is now this favorite tortellini dish. It has easy, inexpensive ingredients, perfect budget meal!