Herbed Artichoke Cheese Tortellini
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes
- 2 jars (6-1/2 ounces each) marinated quartered artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 to 4 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 to 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Drain tomatoes, reserving 2/3 cup juice. Drain artichoke hearts, reserving 3/4 cup marinade; chop artichokes.
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, herbs, garlic and pepper flakes; cook and stir until onion is tender, 4-5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and reserved tomato juice and artichoke marinade; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until slightly thickened, 10-12 minutes. Meanwhile, cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Drain tortellini; add to tomato mixture. Gently stir in olives, salt and artichoke hearts; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 474 calories, 28g fat (7g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 975mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 30, 2018
This is a quick and delicious recipe that is perfect for a busy night when dinner needs to get on the table quick. I also add broccoli or asparagus to get a veggie in too.
Mar 22, 2018
This was good but not great. I cut the recipe in half, used Italian sausage tortellini, and added mozzarella cheese in place of the Parmesan. It’s a good repertoire dish, since almost all of the ingredients can be pulled from your pantry or freezer at a moment’s notice.
Mar 22, 2018
this recipe wasn't bad but I thought it was missing something. I added some italian dressing to it and that was exactly what the dish needed to livin things up for my family.
Oct 11, 2014
This is one of my favorites, I love anything artichoke and this hit the spot
Feb 25, 2014
Fresh looking and tasting, but a little bland. I put sliced Italian Sausage on it though, and that was excellent.
Jan 2, 2014
Yum! I added some thawed & drained spinach for an easy one dish meal!
Dec 8, 2013
Absolutely fabulous!! The only change I made was that I used a large can of crushed tomatoes instead of diced. I didn't have them on hand. I also used grated Parmesan instead of shredded. Will most definitely make again.
Sep 10, 2013
This was fantastic!
Aug 21, 2013
This recipe was GREAT! I also used grated Parmesan cheese and it tasted fine. Even my husband (who thinks any meal without meat can't be considered dinner) loved this! Thanks for a great Meatless Monday recipe!
Jul 19, 2013
I forgot to mention in my first review that I always use grated parmesan instead of shredded. It's cheaper and melts into the meal.