Herbed Artichoke Cheese Tortellini
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes
- 2 jars (6-1/2 ounces each) marinated quartered artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 to 4 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 to 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Drain tomatoes, reserving 2/3 cup juice. Drain artichoke hearts, reserving 3/4 cup marinade; chop artichokes.
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, herbs, garlic and pepper flakes; cook and stir until onion is tender, 4-5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and reserved tomato juice and artichoke marinade; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until slightly thickened, 10-12 minutes. Meanwhile, cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Drain tortellini; add to tomato mixture. Gently stir in olives, salt and artichoke hearts; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 474 calories, 28g fat (7g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 975mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Dec 30, 2018
This is a quick and delicious recipe that is perfect for a busy night when dinner needs to get on the table quick. I also add broccoli or asparagus to get a veggie in too.
Mar 22, 2018
This was good but not great. I cut the recipe in half, used Italian sausage tortellini, and added mozzarella cheese in place of the Parmesan. It’s a good repertoire dish, since almost all of the ingredients can be pulled from your pantry or freezer at a moment’s notice.
Mar 22, 2018
this recipe wasn't bad but I thought it was missing something. I added some italian dressing to it and that was exactly what the dish needed to livin things up for my family.
Oct 11, 2014
This is one of my favorites, I love anything artichoke and this hit the spot
Feb 25, 2014
Fresh looking and tasting, but a little bland. I put sliced Italian Sausage on it though, and that was excellent.
Jan 2, 2014
Yum! I added some thawed & drained spinach for an easy one dish meal!
Dec 8, 2013
Absolutely fabulous!! The only change I made was that I used a large can of crushed tomatoes instead of diced. I didn't have them on hand. I also used grated Parmesan instead of shredded. Will most definitely make again.
Sep 10, 2013
This was fantastic!
Aug 21, 2013
This recipe was GREAT! I also used grated Parmesan cheese and it tasted fine. Even my husband (who thinks any meal without meat can't be considered dinner) loved this! Thanks for a great Meatless Monday recipe!
Jul 19, 2013
I forgot to mention in my first review that I always use grated parmesan instead of shredded. It's cheaper and melts into the meal.