Elegant Cheese Torte
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1 jar (5-3/4 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, drained and chopped
- 8 Kerrygold cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup apple cider
- 2-1/4 teaspoons paprika
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Grapes and assorted crackers
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Remove 3-1/2 cups to a small bowl; stir in pepper and set aside. Fold olives into the remaining cream cheese mixture. Spread evenly over the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat cheddar cheese, cider and paprika on low speed for 1 minute. Beat on high until almost smooth. Spread half over olive layer. Top with peppered cheese mixture. Top with remaining cheddar mixture. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate for 6 hours or until firm.
- Place on serving plate and remove sides of pan. Press pecans into top; garnish with additional olives or grapes if desired. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 283 calories, 26g fat (15g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 448mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Dec 29, 2014
This makes a LOT! It is very pretty and tasty.
Aug 2, 2014
Wasn't crazy about the peppered cheese layer. Most people just took the olive part.
Aug 14, 2012
This looks so beautiful and sounds tasty. I am wondering how exactly to serve it for an appetizers when other things are being served. It seems like wedges would take up a lot of room on the plates, unless they were very thin. I am trying to find things that would not require silverware. Any suggestions?