- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1 jar (5-3/4 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, drained and chopped
- 8 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup apple cider
- 2-1/4 teaspoons paprika
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Grapes and assorted crackers
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Remove 3-1/2 cups to a small bowl; stir in pepper and set aside. Fold olives into the remaining cream cheese mixture. Spread evenly over the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat cheddar cheese, cider and paprika on low speed for 1 minute. Beat on high until almost smooth. Spread half over olive layer. Top with peppered cheese mixture. Top with remaining cheddar mixture. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate for 6 hours or until firm.
- Place on serving plate and remove sides of pan. Press pecans into top; garnish with additional olives or grapes if desired. Serve with crackers.
- Dec 29, 2014
This makes a LOT! It is very pretty and tasty.
- Aug 2, 2014
Wasn't crazy about the peppered cheese layer. Most people just took the olive part.
- Aug 14, 2012
This looks so beautiful and sounds tasty. I am wondering how exactly to serve it for an appetizers when other things are being served. It seems like wedges would take up a lot of room on the plates, unless they were very thin. I am trying to find things that would not require silverware. Any suggestions?
- Dec 9, 2007
No comment left