Cherry Cheese Logs
Our party guests flock to this holiday gem of an appetizer - cherry-studded cream cheese served with graham or water crackers and pears. —Libby Walp, Chicago, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
Makes2 logs (1-3/4 cups each)
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, well drained and chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Graham crackers
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, orange juice and ginger until smooth. Fold in cherries. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour.
- Place pecans in a shallow bowl. Shape cheese mixture into two 7-in.-long logs; roll in pecans to coat evenly. Wrap logs; refrigerate at least 1 hour. Serve with crackers.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 131 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 72mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Cheesy Cherry Nut Log in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015