Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 10 thin slices prosciutto, chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, combine flour and cream until smooth; stir in the cheeses. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat.
- Drain tortellini; add to the cheese sauce. Stir in the prosciutto, peas and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
Sep 7, 2016
I made this as a main dish with a salad on the side. I made the mistake of starting the sauce before the water for the pasta was boiling so my sauce was a little thicker than it should've been. My family thought it was a little bland. I think next time I would add some sauteed garlic.
Nov 5, 2011
Very easy, filling, and yummy!
Feb 7, 2011
Easy to make and delicious. My husband said, "Make this one again", the first time I ever remember him saying that!