Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Unroll pizza crust. Press onto a greased 12-in. pizza pan; build up edges slightly. Prick thoroughly with a fork. Bake at 425° for 7-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk and bouillon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in Parmesan cheese. Spread over hot crust. Sprinkle with bacon, Monterey Jack cheese and green onions.
- Bake at 425° for 8-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 417 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 903mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 28, 2013
This is not "Carbonara", there is no egg in it.
Mar 13, 2012
This is now on my rotate list! EVERYONE in the family just loved it, and that just doesn't happen! We have to make multiple recipes, so I cooked the bacon in the oven. This was absolutely delicious and I recommend it without reservation!
Nov 12, 2011
I made this tonight for the first time and it is officially on my list of favorite recipes. I made a homemade crust instead of store bought and it is simply AMAZING! I love that the "carbonara" is egg free, too. I can't say enough about how great this is. Thank you, Sherry Keethler, for sharing!!
Jul 30, 2010
Want to try it with home made pizza dough, found store bought hard to work with. Very tasty, a bit time consuming but well worth it
May 17, 2010
good recipe, will make this again!
Nov 2, 2009
Very good - but be sure to cook the rout long enough to get rid of the pasty taste