Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup sliced ripe or pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat; saute garlic 1 minute. Stir in ham and bacon; heat through. Add spaghetti and parsley; toss to combine.
- Remove from heat. Stir in olives and cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 513 calories, 24g fat (8g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 1333mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Aug 2, 2019
I modified this recipe a bit by adding shrimp, onions and diced tomatoes. I used minced garlic but added twice as much as called for because my family loves garlic. I doubled this recipe for a larger group, and mixed the pasta et al in a crock pot and kept it on warm. It was very well-liked. The leftovers were even better the next day.
Sep 9, 2011
Definitely went back for seconds on this one.
Jun 2, 2011
It was very easy to make
Jan 26, 2011
This was great!! Absolute favourite. Everyone wanted seconds. Now I did add baby shrimp to it and I omitted the salt as I thought the salty ness from the bacon and the ham would be enough, which it was. I am actually making this dish again tonight!!
Jan 9, 2010
Let me first say that I have never rated a recipe, and felt I had to here! It was VERY GOOD!! I did substitute olive oil in place of the vegetable oil, I used about 5 cloves of garlic, as I LOVE garlic, and I also sauted some shrimp with the butter, oil, & garlic mixture. Other than that I followed the recipe to a "T". My husband usually has a comment about adding or deleting something, however, not this time!! He and I both really enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing your recipe, we will make it over and over!