Quick Hawaiian Pizza
Our family never quite liked the taste of canned pizza sauce, so one time I tried mixing some barbecue sauce into spaghetti sauce to add some sweetness. I’ve made my pizzas with this special and easy sauce ever since, and my family loves it! —Tonya Schieler, Carmel, Indiana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin whole wheat pizza crust
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 medium sweet yellow or red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place crust on a baking sheet. Mix marinara and barbecue sauces; spread over crust.
- Top with remaining ingredients. Bake until crust is browned and cheeses are melted, 10-15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 290 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 792mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 5g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Hawaiian Pizza in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.