Quick & Easy Deep Dish Pizza
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 10 slices Canadian bacon (about 6 ounces), coarsely chopped
- 2 packages (6-1/2 ounces each) pizza crust mix
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces sliced pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large skillet, cook beef, pepper and onion over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in pizza sauce and Canadian bacon; remove from heat.
- Prepare dough for pizza crust according to package directions. Press dough to fit bottom and 1 in. up sides of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Spoon meat sauce into crust. Sprinkle with cheese; top with pepperoni. Bake, covered, 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until crust and cheese are golden brown.
Freeze option: Cool meat sauce before assembling pizza. Securely cover and freeze unbaked pizza. To use, bake frozen pizza, covered with foil, in a preheated 425° oven 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until golden brown and heated through.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 7, 2018
Pizza crust needs to be par-baked a bit before adding toppings...otherwise very good!
Sep 11, 2017
Very good & it all came together very quickly. My store didn't have boxed pizza dough mix, so instead I used fresh pizza dough from the refrigerated section. The combo of flavors is nice, although I found myself adding basil, oregano, parsley & garlic to the saucy mix along with salt & pepper to bring up the pizza flavor. The Canadian bacon (ham) adds a chewy texture amongst the other meats & cheese. The crust around the edges was nice & crunchy, but the bottom of the dough, while cooked, was soggy. Perhaps the crust should be baked a bit first or I'll try it again when I can find the boxed crust mix. I didn't mind because the flavor was there & it made a nice 1 dish meal with a salad & garlic knots. Will definately make this again with a few changes.
Aug 15, 2016
I made my own gluten-free pizza crust for this recipe. I was very impressed with how simply this pizza came together - it is definitely a quick & easy recipe!
Oct 24, 2015
My husband and I made this for dinner tonight and we loved it! We used homemade pizza dough, but otherwise followed the recipe. Great recipe!
Sep 11, 2015
I will use ground Italian sausage instead of ground beef.
Aug 11, 2015
This was a great recipe, and very simple to execute. The only change I made was making my own pizza crust. I also opted for turkey pepperoni to save some calories. It was very well received by my husband, toddler, and preschooler. It's being added to the regular meal rotation list!
Sep 1, 2014
Very good and well received. Next time I will try using ground sausage instead or addition to the ground beef.
Jun 9, 2014
Recipe saved! Only change I'd make is **making my own pizza crust***.