Homemade Pizza Supreme
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + rising Bake: 30 min.
Makes2 pizzas (6 slices each)
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 to 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces Canadian bacon, diced
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add oil, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rest in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- Combine sauce ingredients; set aside. Divide dough in half. On a floured surface, roll each portion into a 13-in. circle. Transfer to two greased 12-in. pizza pans; build up edges slightly.
- Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Spread with sauce; sprinkle with toppings. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 392 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 987mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 24, 2018
Good recipe. I especially like the simple sauce recipe. I’ve used it many times.
Nov 16, 2017
Tried this last week & it was wonderful. A big hit with the family. It had been a while since I'd made dough from scratch, but after making this, I don't know why I waited so long to make dough! It went together easily & was so elastic & pliable. The crusts were incredibly beautiful, light & tender. Family has asked this be made again (yay!) and I will always use this recipe from now on. I've never had such good pizza.
Dec 2, 2014
Just made this pizza last night and it turned out wonderful. I used pepperoni, ham, onions, and mushrooms as my toppings. Everyone loved the crust. I did mix some olive oil and garlic salt and spread it on the crust edges when it came out of the oven. This pizza recipe will be the one I use all the time now!
Mar 1, 2014
I HAVE FINALLY FOUND MY FAVORITE PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE!! IT CAME OUT LOOKING EXACTLY LIKE THE PICTURE, AND TASTED AMAZING. THE ONLY THING I CHANGED WAS TO SUBSTITUTE 1 CUP OF WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR. IT MAKES IT HEALTHIER, CRISPIER AND ADDS A LOT MORE FLAVOR THAN JUST WHITE FLOUR. ALSO USED MY HOMEMADE SPAGHETTI SAUCE AS OPPOSED TO THE RECIPE . I HAVE FOUND MONTEREY JACK CHEESE ( I USE TILLAMOOK) TO BE A MUCH TASTIER SUBSTITUTE THAN MOZZARELLA. THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS RECIPE! arnetage68
Jan 16, 2012
It is an excellent recipe but I used a small jar of sliced black olives and it was very good.....I love the crust.=- receipes, you can make 2 different pizza as the same time....
May 6, 2011
This has become my go-to recipe for homemade pizza. My kids love it and actually prefer it to any take-out pizza! The dough is quite easy to work with. I do substitute olive oil for the vegetable oil.
May 23, 2008
To make a crispier crust substitute the 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil to 3 tablespoons of olive oil.