Supreme Bagel Pizzas
We used to enjoy pizza bagel bites from the freezer section, but found they weren't filling unless we made quite a few. Now we use whole bagels to prepare a heartier meal that's ready in a jiffy. It's nice that we can each add our favorite topping with this pizza bagel recipe. —Michel Potter, Caledonia, Michigan.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 plain bagels, split
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 20 pepperoni slices
- 3/4 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place bagels on a baking sheet. Spread with pizza sauce. Arrange five slices of pepperoni on each, covering the bagel hole with one slice. Top each with ham, bacon, green pepper and cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 12-14 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 308 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 1168mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Supreme Bagel Pizzas in Quick Cooking March/April 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.