Personal Margherita Pizzas
This family-friendly supper is simplicity at its finest. Golden-brown, melted fresh mozzarella and a sprinkling of fresh basil give these personal pies Italian-inspired flavors. —Jerry Gulley, San Francisco, CA
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) pizza crust mix
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 425°. Prepare pizza dough according to package directions, adding oregano before mixing. Divide into three portions.
- Pat each portion of dough into an 8-in. circle on greased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Spread each crust with 1/4 cup pizza sauce to within 1/2 in. of edge. Top with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until crust is golden and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with basil.
Nutrition Facts1 pizza: 407 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 675mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Personal Pepperoni Pizzas in Simple & Delicious June/July 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.