Total TimePrep: 45 min. + rising Bake: 30 min.
Makes2 pizzas (10 slices each)
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 to 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces Canadian bacon, diced
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the oil, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rest in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- Combine sauce ingredients; set aside. Divide dough in half. On a floured surface, roll each portion into a 13-in. circle. Transfer to two greased 12-in. pizza pans; build up edges slightly.
- Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Spread with sauce; sprinkle with toppings. Bake for 15-20 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 231 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 653mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Aug 21, 2019
The absolute best pizza dough recipe!! Very versatile for any toppings and sauces. I made a Taco Pizza and a BBQ Chicken Pizza and they turned out perfectly!!!
Mar 13, 2012
This is an outstanding recipe and is VERY easy to do even for a beginner! I would definitely recommend this to anyone!