Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1/2 medium green pepper
- 1 ounce sliced pepperoni
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Stir in pizza sauce and oregano.
- In a food processor, combine the onion, pepper and pepperoni; cover and process until chopped. Add to beef mixture. Simmer 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Spoon mixture onto buns. Top with cheese and mushrooms.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 320 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 594mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein.
Oct 31, 2019
This was a fun recipe that certainly delivered. I did make some small adjustments to use pantry items. In lieu of the pizza sauce, I substituted an 8-oz. can of tomato sauce with 2 T. ketchup, 1 T. tomato paste and 1 tsp. minced garlic. I also upped the oregano from a 14 tsp. to 1 tsp. I yielded 8 servings.
Feb 9, 2018
Easy and tasty. Great for weeknight meal!
Dec 4, 2017
Very good and different. I think I'll hand chop the pepperoni, pepper and onion the next time, though.
Dec 13, 2014
These are soooooo good and easy! I will make them again for sure!!
Oct 1, 2014
This recipe disappeared from our plates faster than I got them on the buns. A new house favorite!