- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1/2 medium green pepper
- 1 ounce sliced pepperoni
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Stir in pizza sauce and oregano.
- 2. In a food processor, combine the onion, pepper and pepperoni; cover and process until chopped. Add to beef mixture. Simmer 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Spoon mixture onto buns. Top with cheese and mushrooms.
1 each: 320 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 594mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein.
Dec 31, 1969
Easy and tasty. Great for weeknight meal!
Dec 4, 2017
Very good and different. I think I'll hand chop the pepperoni, pepper and onion the next time, though.
Dec 13, 2014
These are soooooo good and easy! I will make them again for sure!!
Oct 1, 2014
This recipe disappeared from our plates faster than I got them on the buns. A new house favorite!