Deep-Dish Beef ‘n’ Bean Taco Pizza
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + resting Bake: 15 min.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 2 cups warm water (120° to 130°), divided
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1/3 cup taco sauce
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS:
- Shredded lettuce
- Chopped tomatoes
- Crushed tortilla chips
- Sliced ripe olives, drained
- Diced avocado
- Sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400°. Combine 2-1/2 cups flour, cornmeal, salt and yeast. In another bowl, combine 1-1/4 cups warm water and honey. Gradually add dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Do not knead. Cover; let rest 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium heat, cook and stir beef, crumbling meat, until no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning and remaining water. Cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Press dough to fit a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Combine beans and taco sauce; spread over dough. Top with beef mixture and cheese. Bake on a lower oven rack until crust is golden and cheese is melted, 15-18 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. If desired, serve with optional toppings.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 469 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 1050mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 14, 2018
Easy Dinner and Good!!!!!!
Oct 22, 2018
The concept was great but it just didn’t wow us at all. It needs half the crust (even as a deep dish) and twice the beef/bean mixture. We did add additional toppings (sour cream, salsa, lettuce, chopped tomatoes) but there was so much crust , it was like eating a biscuit. I’ll try again with some major changes to the proportions.
Apr 13, 2017
Good, and yes I realize it says deep dish, but it was just too much crust for us. Next time I will use a 10x15 and see that is.
Feb 26, 2017
Loved the cornmeal in the crust! We added the chopped tomatoes and sliced avocado and had salsa on the side for the adults.
Feb 13, 2017
This reminded my husband and I of the fiestada pizza from the school cafeteria but with a thicker & tastier crust. Good idea to put in a 9 by 13. Next time we will add the suggested toppings.
Feb 13, 2017
My husband really liked this hearty dish. We followed the suggestion to add other toppings,including sour cream, salsa, lettuce and tomato. Be sure to let it sit the full 5 minutes before eating - the refried beans hold their heat!
Feb 4, 2017
Love that it used a 9x13 pan. Crust was good and held up to the topping.