Refried Bean-Taco Pizza
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/4 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 2 taco shells, coarsely crushed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sliced ripe olives
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in water and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place crust on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread with refried beans. Top with the beef mixture, taco shells and cheeses. Bake at 450° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with lettuce, tomatoes and olives.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 420 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 1051mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 28g protein.
Jan 11, 2018
Mary are u related to Bob Dewiller of Lucas Ohio ????
Dec 28, 2017
Great pizza! I made it when my refried bean haters were not home. However, I think they blended well with the other pizza ingredients and could potentially go unnoticed.
Nov 14, 2012
This tasted great and was fun to make. We used Nacho flavored tortilla chips, adding a little more flavor. I don't like olives, skipped those. We added some sour cream and salsa after baking also. My husband sprinkled some hot sauce on his as well. Very filling.We didn't put the fresh cold ingredients on the entire pizza knowing we wouldn't be able to finish the whole thing. That helped to be able to warm it the next day better, and top individual pieces with the cold ingredients. That helps to individualize it for your own taste as well.
Feb 28, 2012
Grate, but suggest heating refried beans in microwave to make the spreading easier.
Dec 30, 2011
I made two separate pizzas. One with ground beef for me and my husband and the other with vegetarian "crumbles" for my vegetarian daughters and we all were very pleased!
Nov 17, 2011
Easy and delicious. I made my own dough in the bread machine. I really enjoyed it!
Nov 14, 2011
Such a simple after-work recipe that keeps you out of the restaurant and on-track for your budget. I made it vegetarian by heating up the refried beans and mixing in the taco mix (saute onions seperately). I also used crushed tortilla chips instead of taco shells. 1 slice is filling and it's so tasty!
Nov 8, 2011
This was awesome and very filling!Next time though I'm going to leave the tomatoes, lettuce, and olives to the side because after adding it was a little hard to cut and serve.
Nov 5, 2011
I am a vegetarian and was out of my "veggie crumbles" so I just used the beans and other ingredients. Very good!
Oct 2, 2011
Made last night and it was delicious. It was so easy to put together it didn't take the 30 minute prep. time at all. I did add some chopped jalapenos (from a can) and used the Mexican Blend shredded cheese...and for convenience used the "shreds" instead of tearing up lettuce. Plus a side of guac....yumI will absoutely make again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.