Chicago-Style Hot Dogs
I decided to give a Chicago-style dog a healthy twist for my family. Our kids love it. You can use other fresh toppings to please just about anyone. —Gregg May, Columbus, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 turkey hot dogs
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 4 thin sandwich pickle slices
- 1/2 medium cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- Optional toppings: prepared mustard, shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese and sport peppers or other pickled hot peppers
- Grill hot dogs according to package directions. Serve in tortillas with pickle, cucumber, tomatoes and onion. Add toppings as desired.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 252 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 596mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat.
Originally published as Healthy Chicago-Style Hot Dog in Ultimate Guide to Grilling 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.