Hot Dogs ‘n’ Beans
You'll please kids of all ages with this tasty combination that's good for casual get-togethers. "I frequently fix this when the whole family is home," shares June Formanek of Belle Plaine, Iowa.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 3 cans (28 ounces each) plus 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 package (1 pound) hot dogs, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 318 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 964mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 6g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Hot Dogs 'n' Beans in Quick Cooking September/October 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.