Hot Dog Bean Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 hot dogs, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) condensed bean and bacon soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook hot dogs in oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until browned.
- Meanwhile, in a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Stir in hot dogs.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 335 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 1095mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 10g fiber), 16g protein.
Sep 22, 2015
My kids are not fans of kidney beans so I used white northern beans. Added garlic salt. Served it with sourdough bread. Kids loved it!
Apr 3, 2014
Not the best soup I have ever made. Substituted smoked sausage for the hot dogs and it definitely needs more liquid than it calls for. Okay for something different for lunch or a really quick dinner to avoid ordering take out and keep yourself on budget.
Jun 6, 2013
I have not tried the mentioned recipe but I make a hot dog bean soup that is excellent. I start with melted butter, add onions, (saute lightly) add one jar of chicken gravy, dash of thyme,celery salt, canned navy beans, mixed vegetables, water (one can full) salt and pepper to taste and then add hot dogs, cut into small pieces. Cook for 45 minutes and its ready. Delicious. My family loves it and I make it at least once a month. Serve with crusty french or cuban bread. It is so easy!
Jan 31, 2012
It sounded like it would be a good meal for children..boy was I wrong. It was very bland and I felt like I wasted hot dogs..